2009, to say the least, has been a year (well, months) of surprises and self reflection.
Realizing that the non-sense that I've put myself through has opened my mind to what I could be, has inadvertently, opened door for change, creating the new person I am today. For the past couple of years, I have allowed myself to be completely dependent on the actions of others. I have given my peers the power to control my emotions, actions and way of thinking. Taking myself out of this box, I am able to take the wheel and make decisions that are crucial for my mental survival.
So, here I stand today as the person that I once was and the person that I've strive to be. I make choices that benefit myself mentally and/or physically. I am no longer a person who thrives on drama and social norms. With this, I try to surround myself around people who give off an aroma of happiness and enlightenment. Friendship should NOT be high maintenance and for a while, I had individuals in my life where it felt as if being in their life was a chore. Because I didn't complete my task on time, I would get reprimanded by these individuals. Walking on egg shells is not the way I choose to live my life. Rather than being surrounded by a large group of individuals whose purpose in life is to gossip and compare themselves to others based out of pure jealously, I prefer an intimate group of people who I can trust with my life and sanity. If not them, I choose to be alone.
Intimate conversations results in empty closets. This is the only way you can have a complete fresh start. Many new beginnings were conducted and as a result, failed due to the skeletons that eventually occupied the entire room. Candle light talks with a tad bit of hair burning releases these skeletons, leaving a closet full of darkness and echos. Only then can a new beginning start, where trust is re-instated. Thus far, having this new found trust has made life simpler and, in turn, happier.
I am no longer that girl who is dependent on him and allow my emotions to revolve around his actions. I am no longer that girl who is dependent on labels, since labels is what eventually ruins any type of relationship one way or another. I am no longer that girl who is so insecure with herself, as as a result, trusts no one. I am no longer a girl that relies on social norms, since that's what tends to mentally mind Fu*K my mind. I am no longer a girl that will surround herself around negative individuals, since they are the hands that keep my head underwater.
So with this, I am happy and free. I am making choices that will benefit me, making me happy and in turn, make those who surround me happy. Free of stress and negativity, I can hold my head hi and smile at the world ahead of me.
New Paperback Book Covers
5 years ago

2 comments:
Stephanie, you are truly a beautiful person inside and outside. I know that you will continue to grow so much stronger with this type of view of life. I am grateful to know you and have you in my life. You are one of those people who have an aura of happiness! Love you,
Aimee
You don't blog enough !!!!!
Post a Comment